Born in Castello (Perugia). Appointed "Substitute Teacher of Surgery" at the maternity ward of the Ospedale di Santa Maria Nuova in Florence in 1759. Named instructor in practical obstetrics in 1806. To train surgeons and midwives, he used terracotta and wax models that he had commissioned in Florence between 1770 and 1775. Examples of these are now on display at the Museo Galileo.
Last update 26/feb/2008