Museo di Fisica workshops
The Imperiale e Regio Museo, founded in 1775 by Grand Duke Peter Leopold, relied from the outset on the contribution of a substantial group of crafstmen who built and restored high-quality scientific instruments, cast wax models, stuffed animals, and dried plants in the Museum's own workshops—the fabbriche. Among the main participants in these intensive efforts, we should mention the instrument maker and restorer Felice Gori and the craftsman Clemente Susini, who produced the splendid wax anatomical models in collaboration with the Museum's first director, Felice Fontana. During the 19th C., this sector of the Regio Museo gradually lost its initial vitality, although some fine work continued to be carried out in wax modeling and the construction of new electrical machines.
Last update 05/gen/2008