Liceo Linguistico e Liceo Pedagogico Sociale "Giovanni Pascoli" ["Giovanni Pascoli" Modern Languages School and School of Pedagogics]
Since 1915 the institute has occupied the building in Viale Don Minzoni up to that time headquarters of the Officine Galileo. After having been an elementary school and five-year intermediate school, in 1932 it became the Istituto Magistrale Pascoli [Pascoli Teachers' Training School]. In 1986 fit was flanked by a Liceo Linguistico Umanistico Statale [State Humanist Studies Modern Languages School], and the Istituto Magistrale became the Liceo Pedagogico Sociale.
The school possesses a physics collection and a naturalist collection. The physics instruments, purchased to be used in teaching from the 1950s to the 1970s, are represented by apparatus for minor experiments in Electricity, Mechanics and Acoustics. The naturalist collection is made up of minerals, stuffed animals, reptiles preserved in formalin and seashells. It also includes a group of wooden educational models in the fields of botany, anatomy, chemistry and geology. All of the specimens date from the 20th century.
Texts by Carlo Triarico
English translation by Catherine Frost
Last update 05/feb/2008