logo Museo Galileo - Institute and Museum of the History of Science
  • Sundial, Villa Le Sodera, Imprunetazoom in altra finestra

Villa Le Sodera

Built in the course of the 16th century and renovated in the course of the following century by the barons Ricasoli, the villa was sold to Bartolomeo Ombrosi in the mid 18th century. The facade exhibits two fine sundials, made by Domenico Tofani from Florence in 1776, as written on them. One sundial presents the Italic hours and zodiacal symbols, while the other bears the astronomical hours.


Texts by Alessandro Tosi

English translation by Victor Beard

Last update 25/gen/2008